Thursday, May 7, 2015

TOP 10

Annie Lee McLaurin. Resurfacing. Photography. September, 2014
For this self-portait, I chose to represent the emotions of stress and the feeling of "resurfacing".

Annie Lee McLaurin. Found and Lost. Photography. October, 2014.
For this self-portrait out word was "Lost" so I chose to represent the sybollism between being lost in the for and saved by religion.  

Annie Lee McLaurin. "She's in... Trouble.". Photography. November, 2014.
For this project out word was "trouble" so I took it a step too far by expressing a teenage girls version of true "trouble".
Annie Lee McLaurin. Bipolar Glitch. 9x12inches. Weaving. December, 2014.
Weaving of two photographs to express the feeling of stress and difference between emotions on the inside to emotions on the outside. 

Annie Lee McLaurin. Stress. Photography. November, 2014.
Our word of the week was "stress" so I took one photo, flipped it, and then layered it on top of the original photo in order to gain the true feeling of stress. 

Annie Lee McLaurin. Gradation. 12x9inches. Sharpie in Sketchbook. November, 2014.

Annie Lee McLaurin. Scramble for Italy. Photo Collage. September, 2014.
Photo collage of my trip to Italy last summer, representing my favorite characteristics of the trip.  


Annie Lee McLaurin. No Means No. 11x14inches. Weaving/Photography. February, 2015.
This week's word was "nefarious" which means extremely wicked so I chose to represent the wickedness of abuse and how "no" truly means "no". 

Annie Lee McLaurin. Starry, New York Night. 11x14inches. Acrylic Paints. May, 2015.
For my concentration going into my AP Course I decided to take famous pieces of artworks and "modernize" them with our society today. 

Annie Lee McLaurin."Miley". 10x10inches. Acrylic Paints. May, 2015.
For this AP concentration I took Andy Warhol's "Marilyn" and modernized it into "Miley". 

No comments:

Post a Comment